For fish lovers it is the cream of the crop here! From the lakes Fluessen and Morra you can enjoy the beautiful flora and fauna that this area is rich with your boat and in the meantime cast your rod. Also by bike or on foot in this part of South-West Friesland you will be amazed by all the beauty that the Gaasterlands forests have to offer. But there's more!
Due to the central location in South West Friesland trips are made easy. Beautiful cities and villages such as Sneek and IJlst are a short distance away and have many places of interest, museums, and entertainment for children and youth. Fun and nature can easily be combined in Friesland due to the many possibilities for (water) sports. In the nearby area you can, for example, sign up for real surfing and sailing lessons and when you are advanced you can practice your favorite water sport to your heart's content on one of the many Frisian lakes, which are almost all interconnected. Long cruises are therefore no problem here!
Tips and trips:
- Frisian skating museum in Hindeloopen
- Jopie Huisman museum in Workum
- Sijbrandi leisure park in Rijs
- Eatery Op Warns in Warns
- Some of the Frisian 11 Cities easily accessible by bicycle
- Dorp Koudum has a good Chinese restaurant
- Shipping museum in Sneek
- Timber sawmill De Rat in IJlst
- Do and view center Nooitgedagt in IJlst
- Sybrandy's Playground in Oudemirdum
- Boat tour van der Werf in Sneek
- Beach Makkum